As you are all aware, Junior sport (all U18 competitions) start next weekend.
While the season is shortened, we are all excited to see the teams have been preparing well with training and are keen to get back into competitive play. We thank you for assisting with the preparation to date, with modified training times and the protocols that have been put in place to protect you and your families.
As we now move into the season proper and games there is important information below, that will assist in facilitating games and ongoing compliance with Protocols due to COVID 19..
Below are links to Documents issued by AFL Barwon which outlines the full protocols. A summary is provided below, we ask that you take the time to read through the below and support accordingly.
Parents and Careers
- Ensure participants arrive timely before the game
- Only spectators necessary participation should attend training and games.. where possible, please stay in your cars, please refrain from gathering in groups larger than 10, and also spread out around the ground. Social distancing 1.5m should be adhered to
- No Spectators will be allowed on the ground before after or during the game. (this means during qtr time/half time and 3 qtr time breaks)
- After game completion please leave the venue as soon as possible to minimise crossover of crowds between games.
- Only attend Training and Game day if you are well.. please advise team managers if you are unable to attend
- Bring your own labelled drink bottle to training and games
- Come ready to play, change rooms will not be open. Restricted toilet facilities will be available but please consider minimising use and planning accordingly
- Maintain Social distancing before and after games as well as during qtr time/half time and 3 qtr time breaks.
- No High Fives or hand shakes during or after the games.. ie after scoring)
- Use hand Sanitiser before the game and after (Team managers will have this available)
- Team managers will be recording participation at both training and games.. please check in with team managers on arrival
- After the game, leave the ground as directed by Coaches and team managers.
- Cover your mouth to cough or sneeze (using your elbow).
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Spitting and clearing of nasal/respiratory secretions is not permitted.
- Avoid removing mouthguards other than when necessary and take care when removed that no contact is made with another person.
- Disinfect mouth guards after each session and ensure they are appropriately stored.
- No sharing of food or lollies etc. (this means no oranges or snakes etc for teams/players etc)
- If you, or people you have been in contact with are sick, do not attend training or games and advise your football coach who is responsible for informing the COVID Safety Officer.
- Generally, you should be tested for COVID-19 if you develop fever or respiratory symptoms.
- Stay home and seek medical treatment when you are sick. Do not attend if unwell.
- People who present to training with symptoms to be sent home immediately.
- Any person wishing to attend training or games that has underlying health conditions or is considered a vulnerable person should consult with a healthcare professional prior to attending.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Please note that the club will have representatives at each game supporting each team and helping with the above.. if you are asked to move to another area, or break into smaller groups, please respect those directives.. Clubs are responsible for managing game days and crowds. We certainly don’t want to put anyone or the season at risk.
While all clubs have been issued the same guidelines, interpretation may differ from club to club and venue to venue.. please use common sense and respect direction as required.
Thanks in advance for your support of the above..
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact your team manager or age group coordinator in the first instance..