St Mary’s Sporting Club is a large club run solely by volunteers and without the support of the many helpers we have year in and out we would find it very difficult to run the Club. There are many opportunities to help out and rosters are available and ready for sign ups in the following areas –
- Home Game Canteen Roster
- Sunday Sport Roster
- AFL Home Game Canteen Roster
- Bar Assistance
- Junior Football Assistance
- Junior Netball Assistance
Anyone wishing to assist please contact our club at email@example.com
- Volunteers are happier, healthier and sleep better than those who don’t volunteer – doctors should recommend it.
- 96% of volunteers say that it “makes people happier”.
- 95% of volunteers say that volunteering is related to feelings of wellbeing.
- Volunteering results in a “helper’s high”, a powerful physical and emotional feeling experienced when directly helping others.
- Just a few hours of volunteer work makes a difference in happiness and mood.
- Sustained volunteering is associated with better mental health.
- Altruistic emotions and behaviours are associated with greater well-being, health, and longevity.
- A strong correlation exists between the well-being, happiness, health, and longevity of people who are emotionally kind and compassionate in their charitable helping activities.
- The experience of helping others provides meaning, a sense of self-worth, a social role and health enhancement.
- Volunteering is highly associated with greater health and happiness.
- Volunteers contribute $200 billion to the Australian economy annually.
- The number of volunteers in Australia has doubled from 1995 (3.2 million) to 2010 (6.1 million).
- The rate of volunteering by young people in Australia increased from 16% in 1995 to 27.1% in 2010.
- Of the 600,000 not for profit organisations in Australia only 60,000 have paid staff.