Update following June 16 State Government Announcement
Below is the latest update from AFL Barwon following further easing of restrictions. We can’t wait to play this weekend.
Following this afternoon’s further easing of restrictions for Regional Victoria by the state government to take effect from 11.59pm on Thursday, June 17, AFL Barwon is delighted to welcome back Senior Men’s Football and Senior Netball across the GFNL, BFNL and CDFNL- along with spectators, for this weekend.
A summary of key changes following the announcement and what it means for Regional Victoria and our region:
- People can now travel between Regional Victoria and Metropolitan Melbourne, meaning those who normally reside in metro Melbourne are able to participate in AFL Barwon sanctioned competition
- Spectators are allowed within the following venue limits;
- A maximum outdoor venue capacity of 1000 people
- A maximum indoor capacity of 300 people
- Both indoor and outdoor capacities have density quotients of 1 person per 4sqm
- The maximum group size indoors is 50 people
- Masks must be worn indoors except if an exemption applies.
- Masks are recommended to be worn outdoors where 1.5 meters physical distance cannot be maintained.
Further, fixtures for all competitions this weekend will take place as scheduled in our ‘Play On’ plan last week. Full complete fixtures and subsequent season fixtures will be released shortly.
We would like to take the opportunity to thank our governing bodies, AFL Victoria and Netball Victoria for their continued advocacy for regions and leagues across the state in extremely trying circumstance.
Updated Return to Play protocols are expected to be ratified ahead of the weekend once the Restricted Activity Directions (RAD) are released by the Chief Health Officer.
Finally, we greatly appreciated the collaborative support and feedback member clubs continue to show. We are thrilled to welcome them all back to a full return this weekend.