Tackle Your Feelings Round Sunday May 29th
This Sunday St Mary’s and Geelong West are participating in a Tackle Your Feelings round to raise awareness for mental health.
There will be 3 matches played on Sunday
- 9.00am – Under 18’s
- 11.00am – Development squad
- 1.10pm – Seniors
Both clubs participated in the Tackle Your Feelings program in 2021 and will be two of four clubs across Australia who put their players through the program in 2022. The clubs will also participate in an evaluation run by Monash University.
TYF Ambassador Dylan Buckley will be attending the match day and St Mary’s (red) and Geelong West (sky blue) will wear socks in the TYF colours.
There will be TYF Best on Ground medal awarded to the best player from both sides across the senior football (men and women) matches and netball matches.
Some information on the The Program
- Tackle Your Feelings is a free mental health program for community AFL clubs and coaches, as well as committee members and other club support staff
- Tackle Your Feelings is delivered by a local psychologist and aims to give coaches the skills to understand, recognise and respond to signs of mental ill-health in their players
- Participants complete a 90-minute workshop with a psychologist before completing online learning specific to the age group they coach, at the end of the journey they can access resources and club rewards
- The program has already been successfully delivered to more than 5000 participants across Australia
- Tackle Your Feelings is a community initiative by the AFL Players’ Association, AFL Coaches Association and Zurich Insurance, and powered by the Z Zurich Foundation
- The program was formed in 2018 when the founding bodies came together after the tragic death of Phil Walsh three years earlier
– Visit tackleyourfeelings.org.au to learn more