Return to Play Update 17th June 2020
During the last week there have been several announcements regarding a return to play date for our competitions. Below is a summary of the current situation.
- Men’s Senior & Reserves competition cancelled for the season – a round robin style competition is planned for later in the year. Training is still taking place.
- Women’s Senior & Junior Football competition to go ahead with a modified season planned to begin August 2 2020. Teams have returned to training. (Under 12 to begin in next few weeks)
- Junior Football including Under 19’s – competition planned to go ahead August 1 2020 with a shortened season.
- Under 13,15,17 and 19 age groups have returned to training
- Under 11’s to begin this Saturday (20th June) at Frier Reserve between 10am and 11am. Training will then be held from Thursday 25th June from 4pm to 5pm at Frier Reserve.
- Under 9 and Under 10 groups will be contacted this week with return to training dates/times
Auskick – We received the following advice last Friday from NAB Auskick –“At this stage we are still working with a confirmed date for Auskick Return to Play within Victoria. We are working closely with the Victorian Government on when this will be able to occur, but please know in the background we are setting up all requirements to push forward once we get this confirmed. This includes Auskick Return to Play Guidelines and Protocols.”
St Mary’s is keen to resume our Auskick program and we will be in touch with further plans as we are advised.
- Senior competition has been cancelled for the season – a round robin style competition is planned for later in the year. Training will recommence 23rd July 2020
- Junior Netball including 19U – competition to go ahead with a modified season planned to begin Aug 1 2020 (could be brought forward)
- Staggered training to begin this Thursday 18/6/20 (specific advice has been emailed to all players)
Reminder – ALL teams to inform of their return or non return to netball this season by end of week Friday June 18th.
At this stage the re commencement of all competitions is yet to be confirmed in concrete and is subject to certain announcements –
- Government restrictions must be lifted to allow 100 spectators at venues by July 18th.
- Government restrictions on contact training must be lifted by July 18th, this would ensure two weeks of contact training prior to a season start date.
- The competition will not proceed if AFL Barwon deem the restrictions to be too taxing on club volunteers.
- Home clubs must adhere to government COVID-19 safety regulations and polices by AFL Victoria.
We expect to see more advice on return to full contact training and further lifting of group sizes in coming days post recent Government announcements. This will continue to be communicated through age groups emails and Facebook pages.
Football League Registration and VNA
Players intending to train/play this season need to register with their respective league. Links provided below.
Further advice will be provided on Club Membership.
Return to training Protocols
Each team returning to training will be advised of these protocols that must be adhered to.
Training is voluntary for all players, should anyone one have any concerns, please speak directly with Junior coordinators or coaches.
Anyone feeling unwell should not attend training.
Clubroom and Gym Access
At this stage we are not permitted to use our clubrooms or gym . We are awaiting further advice from COGG and Government.
We thank everyone for their patience in what has been a challenging 2020 season.