It has been a long time between sessions but training will re commence as follows –
- Under 9 – Monday June 29th 4pm – 5pm at Anthony Costa Oval
- Under 10 – Thursday June 25th from 4pm – 5pm at Anthony Costa Oval
- Under 11 – Thursday June 25th from 4pm – 5pm at Frier Reserve.
At this stage training will continue through the school holidays.
We are looking forward to seeing the players and hope you are able to attend.
In order to re commence training, we must adhere to strict training protocols – please read the information at the link below and if you have any queries please contact Damian McKeegan on 0423 021 258.
The Government is keen for community sport to continue and AFL Barwon have a plan in place for a shortened competition beginning 01/8/20 and running until the 26th September 2020.
At this stage the re commencement of all competitions is yet to be confirmed in concrete and is subject to certain announcements –
- Government restrictions must be lifted to allow 100 spectators at venues by July 18th.
- Government restrictions on contact training must be lifted by July 18th, this would ensure two weeks of contact training prior to a season start date.
- The competition will not proceed if AFL Barwon deem the restrictions to be too taxing on club volunteers.
- Home clubs must adhere to government COVID-19 safety regulations and polices by AFL Victoria.
We expect to receive more advice on return to full contact training and further lifting of group sizes in coming weeks and we will communicate these via the facebook group and email. If you have not already joined our Facebook Group for Under 9,10,11 please join SMSC Junior Football U9,10,11 2020
Please review the information below as it is important you understand the requirements.
We thank everyone for their understanding in what has been a difficult year so far.
if you have any queries please contact Damian McKeegan on 0423 021 258