Junior Netball – Preseason & Trials
Welcome back to the 2022 season! We hope everyone including our new and existing families enjoyed ‘somewhat’ normal Christmas holidays!
Sally Flynn and I will continue in our joint role of junior netball coordinators BUT we can assure you we are very keen to have some more helpers to ensure our junior players have a fantastic year on and off the courts. PLEASE contact Sally or myself if you would like to help in anyway.
We are very excited to announce our Saturday Junior Coaching Group. All of these amazing coaches have come through our junior program (and some are still in the program) and have all played netball to a high level including senior netball at St Mary’s. We truly thank these girls for their time, dedication and support for our junior program. All these girls are juggling studying, jobs, their own netball careers/training and social life. We appreciate their passion for wanting to give back to our great club.
- 13/u Division One – Cleo Lofts and Adasha Boxer
- 13/u Division Two – Mia Holdsworth and yet to be announced
- 15/u Division One – Jess Loftus
- 15/u Division Two – Esther Wharton
- 17/u Division One – Eliza Keast and Bern Boxer
- 17/u Division Two – Eliza Brown and Adele Stack
Please read the following information carefully and if you have any questions please ask.
13/u Preseason including trials DATES
- Thursday 3rd Feb 4:15pm sharp – 5:15pm
- Thursday 10th Feb 4:15pm sharp – 5:15pm
- Thursday 17th Feb 4:15pm sharp – 5:15pm
15/u Preseason including trials DATES
- Thursday 3rd Feb 5:15pm – 6:15pm
- Thursday 10th Feb 5:15pm – 6:15pm
- Thursday 17th Feb 5:15pm – 6:15pm
- Thursday 10th Feb 6pm- 7:30pm
- Thursday 17th Feb 6pm- 7:30pm
These trials will be contacted with the senior trials (A/B squad selection). More information will be sent from the senior coaches asap. However please send registration information below to Sally Flynn by the 31st January.
At each of these sessions there will be elements of balls skills, footwork, fitness and court play.
WHAT SELECTORS LOOK FOR
- · Coachability
- · Commitment and reliability
- · Ability to accept responsibility of actions
- · Does the player listen?
- · Team players (individuals who will come together to create a team)
- · Good footwork and change of direction
- · High work rate
- · Balance and control with the ball
- · Speed, agility, endurance and elevation
- · Good basic ball handling skills
- · Good pass selection options
PLEASE be aware to be considered for one of the Saturday teams players must attend at least 2 of the above dates but are strongly encouraged to attend all 3 sessions.
Players wanting to play in the Friday night competition are encouraged to attend at least two sessions.
Please send the following information to Sally Flynn firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than SUNDAY 31st January 4pm
Full name of PLAYER:
Age group trialling for:
Does this player wish to be considered for Saturday competition?
Does this player want to play Friday competition only?
Does your child play in the APS competition? (Geelong College, Geelong Grammar)
3 preferred positions on the court:
If a player is unwell, please do not to attend training.
If there are any questions please direct them to Bern or Sally.