Interested in playing Girls Football for St Mary’s?
Following on from our Girls Football Information Day there will be two Friday night sessions with basic skill sessions. The first will be on Friday 9th December and the second on 16th December.
These will be skill sessions with the focus on kicking, marking and handballing to give the girls a taste of things prior to next years training commencing.
The sessions will commence at 5.00pm and run for approx. and hour (or longer if girls want to keep going). Be great to get as many girls there as possible.
For those who missed the meeting could you please fill out the attached form and send it through to Kevin Mc Mahon on email@example.com. Please pass this form and email around to all your friends so we can get the interest we require to make this a great success.
Key points for those who didn’t attend information session that were discussed were:
Sides being looked at are U 12 (8-12 year old girls), U15 (13 – 15 year old girls) and U19 (16 – 19 year old girls).
- Any parents looking to get involved please let us know
- Club investing in new jumpers, shorts all designed for girls plus all new footballs and equipment to ensure girls have best opportunity to develop and have fun.
- All games will be played in a Sunday, so girls can still be involved in Sat sport.
- Training nights will be worked through early next year to see what best suits all
- Focus will be on fun and development
- Some rules – U12 team have coaches on the ground to support them and modified tackling, no kicking off the ground in all age groups.
- Subsidised fees for netballers.
- Also we had Jason Armistead new Geelong Girls development coach and St.Mary’s development coach speak, Renee Garing new Geelong team squad member along with Cameron Loftus CEO from Barwon Sports Academy spoke.
If anyone has any questions please feel free to give Kevin Mc Mahon a call on 0457 507 202.